- Assistant Professor of Teaching, UBC Faculty of Education (Master of Educational Technology program & Department of Language and Literacy Education), 2018 –
- Educational Consultant and Director, Changing Eye Educational Consulting, 2010 –
- Program Director, Evaluation & Learning Analytics, UBC Faculty of Arts, 2010 – 2017
- Course Developer & Online Instructor, College of Interdisciplinary Studies, Royal Roads University, Victoria, Canada, 2016
- Online Instructor & Course Developer, Master of Educational Technology program, 2005 & UBC Faculty of Education 2012 –
- Instructor & Course Designer, Integrated Sciences Program, UBC Faculty of Science, 2011-2014
- Curriculum development, Ritsumeikan-UBC Exchange Program, UBC Faculty of Education, 2012-2013
- Online Instructor, Course Designer & Course Coordinator, Department of Sociology 2005-2013, UBC Faculty of Arts
- Research Associate, Learning Technologies & eLearning, Science Centre for Learning & Teaching, UBC Faculty of Science, 2005-2010, (Acting Director, 2008)
- Research Associate, eLearning, Centre for Managing and Planning eLearning (MAPLE), UBC Distance Education & Technology, 2001-2004
- Program Manager & Instructor, Educational Programs, UBC Centre for Intercultural Communication, 2000-2005
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Pathology, UBC Faculty of Medicine, 1999-2000
- UBC Department of Medical Genetics, 2020
Advising on learning design and evaluation of a new online Graduate Certificate in Genomic Counselling.
- Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand, 2014 – 2017.
Training for working group in learning analytics planning; periodic consulting on learning analytics.
- Tertiary Accord of New Zealand, 2013 – 2015.
Training for senior leadership in strategic planning for learning analytics implementation; periodic assistance with review of available learning analytics tools and applications.
Professional memberships and affiliations
- Member of the Executive Committee (Secretary/Communications), Society for Learning Analytics Research (SoLAR), 2015 – 2019.
- Institutional host, co-chair and lead coordinator
Learning Analytics Summer Institute 2019 hosted at UBC for the Society of Learning Analytics Research, June 2019.
- Chair for Posters and Demos, Learning Analytics and Knowledge conference 2017, Vancouver, Canada, March 2017.
- Workshop co-designer & co-lead, Analyzing Temporal Data: Theory & Tools, Learning Analytics Summer Institute, June 27-29 2016, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA.
- Participant (representing UBC), Bayview Alliance Steering Committee annual meeting, Washington DC, June 2016.
- Chair for Workshops and Tutorials, Learning Analytics and Knowledge conference 2016, Edinburgh, Scotland, April 2016.
- Founder/Director, First Annual UBC Learning Analytics Hackathon, October 2015
- Keynote Speaker, Learning: Quantified and Personal, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA, May 5, 2015
- Founder/Coordinator UBC LAVA (Learning Analytics/Visual Analytics) Special Interest Group, 2014 –
- Member of the Steering Committee, SFU Graduate Liberal Studies Program, 2008-2010
- Reviewer, Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK) Conferences, 2011 –
- Conference C0-Chair, Webmaster and Member of the Executive Committee, Cultural Attitudes to Technology and Communication conferences, 2010 –
- Reviewer: Journal of Learning Analytics, Transactions on Learning Technologies, Journal of Educational Technology & Society, and other relevant journals, 2009 –
- Patron, Lester B Pearson United World College of the Pacific , 2004 –
A comprehensive resumé is available upon request.